Tuesday 12 July 2011

I am yet to understand myself


I recently began to feel this obligation to typify what everyone’s idea of acceptable might be. As to the exact time period that I started feeling this way, I do not know. But it is indeed NOT fun. Only just a week ago, I started a new course. New faces, new attitudes, new personalities, new concepts, new program—to me at least, and just as all these things were new to me, sooner than I had realized I also became new to me. I reinvented myself. Parlance was less me and more "pitchy" with a larger than usual vocabulary, more ordinary [proper]. Well, at the end of each of each of these classes it is obligatory that the participants give a speech. During my speech I [the reinvented me at the time] shared something about myself that I wish I hadn’t. I felt like I had just stolen something from myself and had given it away to a group of people that had NO business having it, they didn’t deserve it. I relegated myself for superiority and I felt shattered. Why are we culturally taught to be this way again? 

-------> The danger of wearing a mask is that you run the risk of forgetting that you're wearing one [ and once again i FORGOT]

[ i do NOT own the above image]

--- Love & Freedom 
--Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment