Sunday 13 November 2011

Off To New Flower Pots Where The Skies Don't Always Have To Be Blue


Rooted into this flower pot of our friendship
Your soil is killing me slowly
Sucking the heart out of me
The leaves that once embellished us are dry, brittle and are becoming nothing but ashes
You stole the water that once kept us alive and gave it to other flowers
So now, we’re dying
Dying, not separately but together
And I believe that I can’t stay here
And I know that you’re not going anywhere
And this is one flower pot that I don’t mind leaving or losing
So I’m off to flower pots where the flowers are beautiful beyond compare and the leaves are still bright green with life
And the pots are so wide, it’s easy to mistake them for the earth.
Where rain pours and pours and pours keeping the roots rooted and happy
I’m off to a place where all they know, is how to dance in the rain

Copyright ©2011

[I'm going to challenge myself to write and post a poem EVERYDAY until the end of the month (and even maybe until the end of the year,we'll see) the poems will all be in shades of green (i THINK)]

--Love and Freedom
--K.Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment