Sunday 6 May 2012

The shoulders of giants

I am walking on the shoulders of giants
But I'll not boast
The view from this height is mind-blowing
I can have this and that
Do this, do that
Because I'm walking on the shoulders of giants
All this is not mine, no
I inherited it all.
So how can I deplete what I came into?
Would I have this experience if it were taken before me?
I'm walking on the shoulders of giants and I pray I won't fall
It's hard to keep my balance
But I have to stand tall
Venturing close to the edge, I wonder:
What if I fall?
But I'm walking on the shoulders of giants
Who is there to catch me if I fall?
It's a long way down but I'll have to pass many limbs before
I touch ground
And I know that walking on the shoulders of giants
Means having many big, helping hands
So I'm walking on the shoulders of giants and I know I'll make them proud
I'll try not to deceive, mistreat or be impatient with those beneath me
If I look down, it must be to help up
I'm walking on the shoulders of giants
And I'm a giant myself
Lord help me to humble myself so that in my walking
I'll not step on someone else.

- Kareena Malcolm

No comments:

Post a Comment