Tuesday 13 November 2012

Reconstruction.



It annoys me that the ones you love the most are so often oblivious to the hurt that they cause you. They can rip your heart out with some of the statements and acts they give life to, without much thought and I’ve never found this quite fair. This is not love. Love is not an interest vested on a one way street where the wind blows north and nowhere else. Love is not a silent heartache or a silent voice. Love is not a “I’ll be here for you, but only sometimes.” kinda thing.
Maybe it’s the way we were raised. The way our heart beats have been synchronized with conformity or maybe it’s the impish whisper of a lie that we can’t change much. And so we relegate our opinions, beliefs and souls never thinking that it would hurt us or those we love. I’m don’t like having people who don’t say what they feel around me. Logging around feelings won’t get you anywhere nor will it have you standing any closer to freedom.
Too many people have disrespected me and I’ve let it slide and I’m learning that doing so is not okay. It is important to say what you feel. Free yourself from the heaviness. Until we do so, until we are free, I think we’ll continue to be prostitutes, always used and discarded without regard for our feelings.

 Love and Freedom to you always
~Kerry-Ann Davis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment