Thursday 22 December 2011

11.12.11


I carry broken hearts that aren’t mine around with me.
In me.
Sometimes on shoulders that try to offer support,
But often fail
Knowledge of some sort of dexterity that can provide me with the capacity to heal their brokenness,
Absent
Instead all I know,
Is how to love

I shed tears inwardly
Daily for these broken hearts
And I often wish that if I hold them in my arms and cradle them securely and close enough
They may find some healing
They don’t
I wish some foreign practice of monotheism may provide some sort of amnesty in an attempt to revamp their hearts
That never happens

Someone tell me,
How does the keeper of these hearts begin to pray to a god at a moment she’s unsure exists
Answer me this,
How do I begin to wean or teach these broken hearted ones about prisoners and forgiveness?
I don’t know a lot
But I know that broken hearts of others make me cry

CRY CRY BABY!
Cry lullabies of rock-a-bye-bye baby rhymes
To aching babies
I cannot lie to you and lift you up
Up up out of here and cradle you away from all that is pandemonium
No offering of fake realities or fake apologies
I’m so sorry baby that hearts break
And I’m sorry that some heartbreaks are hard to heal
I’m sorry I have no healing
Here’s my offering
A postbox heart of love
Mail me your stories babies
I promise I’ll hold on to them tightly
I promise to carry them around with me
I pray your broken hearted letters find a home there
I pray you find a home there

......

All that is sinister to hearts
Until we find a healing
And something more than these rock-a-bye-bye baby lullabies
All that is sinister I bid you NO well
I bid you kNOw well

Copyright ©2011
 
--Love and Freedom
---Kerry-Ann Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment