Saturday 31 December 2011

31.12.11


I’ve rested on pillows of fantasy dreams this year
Cried shredded ribbon tears
That ties together factual lies
I’ve spoken satin words that I do regret
Lost compasses on the journey to self
Rested on glass shelves that always seemed to shatter
Turned my heart into boring blank black t.v screens
Recycled breaths of misconceptions
And choked on misguided ambitions
365 days have passed
The abundance of those things that I still don’t understand
Overwhelming
I look towards the hours that are coming towards me
Bringing a package that is a new year
With eyes of hope
And some hate
For the unexpected tends to often disappoint those that are expecting greatness
I’m hoping that the bowed 365 days provide some proximity to clarity
That these days hold parlance that may deter from transgressions
May they hold sweetness that can rotten infernal teeth away
I’m hoping these 365 days hold lessons of love and freedom
That I can take and digest and regurgitate in the form of floods
I’m hoping these 365 days may permit me to flood the world with love and freedom

Copyright ©2011
 
[  lets flood the world with love and freedom this year]
--Love and Freedom
---Kerry-Ann Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment