Thursday 5 April 2012

Day 25

I want to build a sandcastle out of words
Meticulously let mountains of syllables slide into each other
Then let the wind strew my words into the sea
Allow the currents to carry them wherever an ear might listen
I want to teach redemption songs to corpses
Rustle their heart beats with trombone phrases
Let the dead learn choruses of life
Make them choirs of sun kissed tides
I want to revive the breath of hope that you stopped breathing a long time ago
Sailing along, I’ll make my shoulder into a boat for you
Both your heart and you may rest there
I’ll teach you how to let your thoughts twinkle
Turn them into north stars
Let them lead the way to Bethlehem
I want to teach you how to sink your fingerprints into your soul
Sculpt pictures of beauty with a heart
Translate the vibe to purity
Tell you how to fall into silence broken and battered and walk out repaired 
I want to teach you how to silence your fears
Take a bucket of your dreams with a heart full of hope and carelessly throw them onto a canvas
I wish to tell you never to use words but to improve upon silence 
Erect your convictions 
Let the weight of persecution only make them stronger
No fuss,
No flight
Keep your bones steady

Kerry-Ann Davis Copyright ©2012

(LOVE, LIGHT, AND FREEDOM)

No comments:

Post a Comment